For all of our new and returning students, please check out this Before the First Day of School Checklist to help make sure you are ready for your first day. We look forward to seeing you on Monday!
BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
· Check your schedule in HCPSS Connect/Synergy and make note of your 1st period class, teacher name and room number. All students will receive a full, paper copy of their schedule during 1st period.
· If you are a bus rider, use the Bus Locator Tool to determine your bus stop. Write down/take a screenshot of your bus number and keep it in an accessible location.
· Turn on your HCPSS Chromebook and login. Be sure it is functioning properly. If you need to pick up a Chromebook, details can be found here.
· Check your hcpss.inst username and password by logging into Canvas. Retrieve username and reset password here.
· Bookmark hcpss.me or set it as your homepage. This will make accessing Canvas, G Suite, and other online digital resources fast and easy.
· Review the Canvas Orientation Materials for students.
· Update your Canvas settings and notification preferences to ensure that you are receiving important information from your teachers. For help, see this guide.
· Adjust your bedtime to ensure that you are getting enough sleep. Moving your bedtime gradually over a few days is usually easier than making a big change at once. For more sleep hygiene tips, see this resource.
· Pack your bag the night before! Bring paper, something to write with, planner/agenda book, a charged Chromebook, headphones and two additional masks. Teachers will share supply lists for each class during the first week of school.