Marriotts Ridge High School
Chromebooks and Student Account Information
Chromebook Information For All Students
· Every student needs to bring a device to school on a daily basis for the 2021-22 school year. Plan to bring your fully charged HCPSS Chromebook or personal device to school each day.
· Personal devices from home will not connect to the HCPSS wireless network and will not be able to print to school printers. Only the guest WiFi is available for non-HCPSS devices.
· Chromebook carts, media center desktops and general purpose computer labs no longer exist in the high schools. Classroom teachers will be utilizing and expecting students to have a personal computer.
· Charge your Chromebook NOW! Turn it on, be sure it works.
· Damaged Chromebooks must be assessed and exchanged at a HCPSS Technology Support Center. Locations and hours can be found here.
Do You Need a Chromebook?
Pick one up on Thursday, August 26th at:
· New Student Orientation, 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM (a table in the auditorium lobby will be available for ALL MRHS students to pick up a device.)
· Open House, 1:00-2:30 PM
· PTSA Block Party, 5:00-8:00 PM
Pick one up in the media center before school or during lunch periods beginning on 8/30.
Forgot Your Username or Password?
· Go to hcpss.me and click on “Forgot Username or Password”.
Technology Accounts for New Students
Beginning August 2, 2021, families with students new to HCPSS and whose registration has been finalized will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Technology account information for new HCPSS student.” The email will be sent to the email address used during the student registration process. The email contains personalized and important information regarding new students’ technology accounts. If you have a child new to HCPSS and do not receive the email and/or cannot locate the email in the junk/spam folder of the email account you used during registration, you can use the Forgot Password or Username button on the hcpss.me student landing page to retrieve both your child’s username and password. Directions for Account Self Service directions are posted online.