Student Member of the Board (SMOB)

Tue, 01/31/2017 - 10:01am

Each year, one student represents the student voice as a member on the Board of Education. HCPSS grants the SMOB full status as a board member and can vote on all issues except issues pertaining to budget, personnel, or other restricted matters.

Any current sophomore or junior in Howard County may apply for this position. The student must be regularly enrolled in an HCPSS high school and academically eligible.  In order to be considered for this position, a student must submit a completed application by 4 p.m. Friday, February 10. 

Details and the application are available on the Howard County Association of Student Councils website.