A Guide to AP Exams
Thank you for supporting your child through the AP course experience. In 2019, nearly 600 Marriotts Ridge students took over 1,400 AP exams – that equates to roughly 80% of students enrolled in an AP course taking at least one exam. If your child plans to take the end-of-course exam, please take note of the following important information.
AP Exam Registration:
1. Register in Naviance
1) Sign into Naviance using your student log in.
2) Click on the “About Me” tab near the top right of the homepage.
3) Choose “My Surveys” and then “Surveys not started”.
4) Open “2020 AP Exam Registration & Fee Waiver Request”.
5) Complete the survey.
6) When it is completed, choose “Save and I am Finished”.
7) On the left-hand side of the screen, click on “Survey History”. Your survey responses should appear.
8) Print the completed survey. Have parent/guardian sign at Questions 10 & 12.
9) Pay for the exam. Use the online payment system on mrhs.hcpss.org until 11/8 OR write a check to MRHS for your total amount.
Students should deliver their completed Registration Form with their check or proof of online payment to the AP registrations box in the Student Services office. (On Mrs. Leaf’s desk)
2. Register in MyAP Portal
1) Go to www.collegeboard.org and log in with your College Board username and password.
2) Under the large blue rectangular bar that says “Hi, ____” choose AP (second box from left with thin blue line on top.
3) On the new dashboard page, scroll down and click on the bright yellow tab that says “Join a Course or Exam”
4) Place your cursor on the six lines in the inset box, click, and type in your Join Code then click on “Submit” (Each class has a different Join Code)
5) Verify the school name, teacher name, and class period then click “Yes”
6) Complete personal information if asked and click “Save”
7) Close the inset box and the course should appear in a list on your Dashboard.
8) Under the section with the enrolled course, click on the bright yellow rectangle that says “Register for Exam”
9) To take the exam, click on “Confirm Registration” (left side of inset box) and then click on the bright yellow rectangle that says “Confirm”
10) Under the course area on your dashboard, in the “Exam Day” section the date and time of the exam will appear if you are registered to take the exam.
***College Board will NOT order an exam for you unless step #2 is completed in the registration process.
***The AP Coordinator will NOT verify your exam registration with College Board unless payment is made for the exam by November 15th at 2:30 pm. (step #1)
College Board now requires students to register for exams in October. Registration is a two-step process.
The cost is $94/exam. Payment must be made at the time of registration. After students select their exams in the MyAP Portal and submit the online Naviance registration, they are asked to submit a printed copy of the Naviance form along with proof of payment (check, or print-out of online credit card payment) to Mrs. Scott.
Exam ordered by Nov. 1
College Board Late Registration
Exams ordered between Nov. 16 – Mar. 13
$94 + $40 fee
Exam that is canceled or not taken by the student
*Refund before Feb 8th for on time registration - $54
If you have course-specific questions, please speak with your child’s teacher. If you have questions about any of the information on this handout, please reach out to the AP Coordinator:
Lisa Scott – email@example.com – 410-313-5568
Mrs. Scott can be found in the Testing Office, next to room 249.