Class of 2017 InformationWed, 12/14/2016 - 5:04pm
Parking Information (updated 5/31/17)
6/1/17, 11 AM Marriotts Ridge – General Parking in Lot 7 (Mall Maple Garage near JC Penney)
- Please carpool when possible. Graduates should not drive themselves.
- All guests should also expect to walk, please dress accordingly.
- As you approach the venue follow the signs directing you to Lot 7 (Maple Garage located at the Mall in Columbia). Once full, attendants may direct you to other lots as they vacate.
- For the location of the Maple Garage see map: http://www.merriweathermusic.com/directions/
- Lot 1 is ADA parking (with disability placard or license plate). If this fills, you will be directed elsewhere.
- The attendants are there to assist you in finding the best possible place to park. Please follow their directions and be respectful of any signs and barriers that are designed to guide you to authorized spaces.
- Please vacate immediately following the event (pictures must be taken elsewhere) to allow entry for the next scheduled ceremony.
We appreciate your cooperation to help make this special day run smoothly.
Graduates, please review the slide show from our graduation rehearsal for information on:
- Arrival time
- Your row and squad leader's / staff member's name
- Which loge area of the pavilion you should report to
- Diploma distribution
Questions? Email or call Mrs. Rashid
If you requested handicapped seating, your name is on the handicapped seating list and you will have one handicapped seat and a second seat for a guest at the floor level on the right hand side of the pavilion. If you have a state issued handicapped parking permit you can park in Lot 1 at the corner of Little Patuxent Parkway and Broken Land Parkway. If you do not have a state issued permit, you can drop off your mobility impaired guest at the backstage entrance, accessible from Merriweather Drive off Little Patuxent Parkway and then proceed to general parking. Merriweather does not provide wheelchairs for mobility impaired guests.
HCPSS Employee Parents Presenting Diplomas
The HCPSS procedure is that graduates of staff members will be presented with their diploma at one time during the ceremony. Please be aware that these names will be read at the end of the alphabet/ceremony. Only parents or legal guardians may present diplomas to students. Parents presenting diplomas will sit with their guests in the front right (facing the stage) section of the guest seating area in the pavilion. Students will receive tickets with specific seat numbers on them. There is no need to arrive earlier than the graduates to secure seats in this section.